Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Small Intimate Wedding for Lesley and Joe at La Rez!

Lesley contacted me in August about officiating a private wedding for her and Joe in the garden patio at La Residence in Chapel Hill. We looked at my calendar and their schedule to find a suitable time for both of us and decided on September 13, 2008 since I was already going to be in Chapel Hill for another wedding that day. All the logistics were worked out and I wrote a proposed ceremony for them based on what they wanted and emailed it to them. They made the changes they wanted and we had a final ceremony until Lesley found out that her father could not make it due to illness and some of their friends could not come due to the devastation to their home in Turks and Caicos caused by Hurricane Ike. They decided to continue with their wedding plans despite these set-backs though and we lovingly remembered in the ceremony all those who could not be with us for this special occasion. They were thankful that Lesley's mother, Joyce (in purple), from Canada could be with us as well as their friends Mike and Vita who stood up for them. Leslie wore a gorgeous gown that was so becoming to her. I did not ask the couple how tall they were but I felt like a midget standing with them and I am not particularly a shortie at 5'5"! Theirs was a brief but meaningful ceremony which began with Lesley processing in on her own with Joe meeting her halfway and together they stepped in front of me. Their vows to each other generated a few lumps in throats and some tears, always a good sign to me that they really mean their vows to each other! I know you will have a great marriage, Joe and Leslie, and I wish you all the best!

No comments: