Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Michael and Leslie Wed at the Page Walker Gallery!

Caroline Sewell of Encore Events contacted me in June about officiating the wedding of her clients, Michael and Leslie at the Page Walker Gallery in Cary on September 27, 2008. She explained that she normally does not handle wedding events, but had found me on the internet and later spoken with her friend and colleague Angie Wright of Chic Details, a wedding planner, who told her that she had found the right minister! So, we got the paperwork done and I started the ceremony creation process with Michael and Leslie via email. We did not meet until their wedding day. They wanted something short and sweet. Michael also happened to mention in our correspondence how funny he thought the wedding was in The Princess Bride. Hmmm.....having done a quote from that movie in a previous wedding, I wrote a ceremony for them that included “Mawwiage. Mawwiage is what bwings us togethaw today. Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam...” my opening words of the ceremony. He loved it and Leslie said go for it! I just knew from that they would be a fun couple to marry.


The wedding day of September 27th arrived. My husband Dave and I arrived about 30 minutes ahead of time and got my mike and receiver plugged into DJ Jerry Reid's sound system and did a sound check. I spoke with Keith Papke, the photographer. I met Michael in the parking lot, got the marriage license, and we stood around waiting for Leslie to arrive. Michael was so excited and a bit nervous, of course, as he should be!



There were about 60 guests and they stood on the lawn of the courtyard forming an aisle for the bride who did show up much to Michael's relief --although she was not late! She and her father swept down the aisle and after her dad gave her hand to Michael, they stepped up onto the terrace with me for the ceremony. At that moment I started speaking the words from The Princess Bride! I loved doing it! I would say that most of the guests were familiar with the words and just cracked up! Michael and Leslie did too! Those who did not get it, just thought I had a terrible temporary speech impediment! After I spoke a few words normally, I asked the guests did they really think they had to listen to the whole ceremony the way it began--another good laugh! As I said, the ceremony was short but very sweet and endearing and everyone loved witnessing the bride and groom get married. Apparently it had been a long time coming!


Have a great mawwiage, Leslie and Michael!

No comments: