Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Friday, May 4, 2018

Heather and Parker's Very Unique Wedding at Imurj!

Heather and Parker are two independent and out of the box people who have found each other and decided to get married. So they began planning their unique wedding and found me! I believe that the wedding is about the couple--not about me, their parents, the state, the church, etc. So I am willing for the couple to create just the ceremony they want. I started them off with a "proposed" ceremony draft for them to make their own. And they did. They practically rewrote the whole script which was fine with me. 
They also chose a very unique setting for their wedding in downtown Raleigh. One of their favorite places to hang out with their friends and listen to music is Imurj--a bar and music venue on MacDowell Street. The wedding date was Sunday April 29th, 2018.
When Dave and I arrived for their wedding, the place was closed to the public and Parker and Heather and their friends and family had the place for themselves. The tables were covered with black tablecloths and colorful centerpieces.
These tables were all set up for  a buffet reception later. 
Their friends and families were standing around and began gradually getting to their seats. 
The first thing I did was collect the marriage license from Parker and Heather then go over how we would enter and where we would stand. Heather's dress was beautiful. It looked quite vintage but she assured me it was a new dress--a one of a kind found in Cary!
So when everyone was seated, I took my place on stage. 
Everyone got quiet as Heather and Parker processed in to some music. 
Heather handed her mother the bouquet and she and Parker turned and faced each other.
The space was cozy so I did not need amplification. The first thing was to welcome everyone and ask them to leave behind the worries and concerns of every day life and join us in the celebration of Heather and Parker's marriage.
They included a few quotes from Albert Camus that they particularly thought fit the occasion well and expressed their beliefs.
There was a sweet tribute to their parents sitting at this table.
Then a recognition of their siblings and then their friends. 
Then it was time to reminisce about how Heather and Parker got to this moment in time. "So, what exactly led us here today? Can we pinpoint an exact moment or experience over Heather and Parker’s four years as a couple? There are some strong candidates." 
It was entertaining and everyone could relate to some event in their lives or another!
Our photographer was Jessica with Three Region NC photography
The guests were quite engaged because they had no idea what was coming next. This was NOT a traditional wedding ceremony but entirely Heather and Parker's creation.
I wrapped it up and got ready for the vows and rings. 
Parker placed the ring on Heather's finger after I explained the significance of the ring and Heather made her pledge to Parker.
Then I revealed the significance of the ring Heather placed on Parker's finger as he made his pledge to Heather. 
I then placed my hand on theirs and pronounced them married and invited them to kiss! 
And so they did! 
I was not sure that Jessica got a picture of the kiss so I asked Parker to kiss Heather again!
He was happy to comply!
The newlyweds! 
Their brothers were their witnesses signing the marriage license at the bar. 
The sushi appeared along with some chicken teriyaki. 
Parker and I chatted for a few moment while waiting for Heather to come up on stage for my customary photo with the couple.
Parker and Heather, congratulations! You did it and it was completely YOU! Thank you for finding me and giving me the joy of joining you in marriage! All the best!

No comments: