Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Friday, June 30, 2017

Kensi and Jake Tie the Knot and Bless their Baby!

Jake contacted me by email about his and Kensi's wedding. They are expecting a baby girl in July and wanted to tie the knot before she was born. It is so sweet to include a blessing for the unborn baby as part of the wedding ceremony. The wedding day was June 24th, 2017--a hot day with threats of rain but it held off for this wedding!
When Dave and I arrived at their new home, everything was well-prepared and waiting for all the guests to get there.
Jake's mother signs the license as a witness. 
Thoughtful little touches. I could tell they had been hard at work creating them.
Kensi's mother signs the license as the other witness. She is originally from Honduras. 
The arbor awaits as the guests find their places.
These two guys sitting in the second row I happen to know and was quite surprised to find out that they are brothers of the groom! They both were servers at Vivo, one of my favorite restaurants in Raleigh. It was good to see them again and they had NO idea I was officiating their brother's wedding!
Jake and his best man and I take our places up front. I asked the guests sitting in the back to move forward! 
Everyone stands for the bride who is preceded by her children: Jorge, Nicole, and Sophia. 
And the ceremony begins.
Following a warm welcome to all, we bowed our heads in prayer.
I had some sweet words for Jorge, Nicole and Sophia on behalf of Jake and Kensi then we had a blessing for the unborn little girl soon to join this family.
The vows.....
Blessing of the rings.......
They placed their rings on each other's finger.
A closing blessing......
Kensi shed tears throughout the ceremony and I handed Jake a hankie to wipe her tears away from time to time!
The pronouncement of marriage!
Sealed with a kiss! 
At last it is done! 
I invited the guests to stand and join me in congratulating the newlyweds.
Everyone went back inside to cool off and enjoy the beautiful food! This is the table where the cake will go.
Posing with our photographer Ashley McCray.  (My hubby Dave took these blog pictures, not Ashley)
Evan and Dustin enjoying the celebration as we bid farewell to them.
Jake and Kensi, congratulations on your marriage and your new baby girl coming soon. You did a great job preparing for your wedding and I know you will be outstanding parents together. I wish you all the best!

No comments: