Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, August 22, 2016

Nicole and Brendan Tie the Knot at The Oaks at Salem!

I met with Nicole and Brendon in April of 2015 to plan their ceremony for June 10, 2016 at The Oaks at Salem. They had met back in 2012 when they were both living in the same apartment building. Brendan came home one day for lunch and decided to do an Insanity Workout in prep for a race coming up while the neighbors were at work--he thought. Turns out Nicole was enjoying a day of no more school and her ceiling fan started shaking with the loud thumps coming from the apartment above. She decided to go upstairs and confront the offender and they met. It was not long before they began dating and the rest is history! 
The first thing I do when I arrive one hour before ceremony start time is get my sound hooked up and do a sound check and that is exactly what I am doing here--check, check, check, 1, 2, 3, 4......
Our lovely DJ was Nina with All Events DJ. We have worked together many weddings and the sound is always flawless. She has learned to put my receiver right behind the "door" where I stand so that there is no chance I can get out of range!! Thanks, Nina! 
Back in the house, Dave scouted out the wedding cupcakes by Cupcake Bite. There is a small cake for cutting and feeding each other too.
It was a very bright sunny day and the shade under the reception tent felt good. 
The couple decided on a First Look then photos with family members. 
Our very talented photographer, Joe Payne, gives "lying down on the job" new meaning! 
The ceremony site is all ready for the guests. 
And now the guests have been seated and we started the processional. These two ladies were determined to get photos with their cell phones.
The guys and I made the long trek around the pond to the ceremony site. 
As we rounded the corner, I asked the two ladies with their cell phones to be seated, please!
The bridesmaids and bride came around on the other side of the pond. 
Nicole and her dad, Marty, slowly made their way to the aisle. 
Marty placed his daughter's hand in Brendan's hand and gave them his blessing.
After welcoming everyone, it was time to pay tribute to their parents. 
Then I enjoyed telling their story. It was full of humor and a great reflection of their personalities. They enjoyed hearing it with their guests!
What followed was what they each told me in confidence about their love for each other, revealed for the first time at the ceremony. Often evokes a few tears.
The pronouncement of marriage is legally required to be stated in the ceremony. 
They always look forward to the kiss as I step quickly out of the way!
Finally married!!
Brendan and Nicole, I loved your wedding, loved working with the two of you and wish you the best of everything in life. I know you are now enjoying wedding bliss!

No comments: