Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Commitment Celebration Ceremony for Lynette and Amy on New Year's Day 2010!

Lynette called me on Monday, December 28th, to find out if I was willing to do a commitment ceremony for her and her partner, Amy, on New Year's Day. I was most happy to work them into my schedule and we were able to have the ceremony in my garden at 1:00. Thankfully the temperature was in the upper 40s and so it worked out well. The garden looks a bit brown and bare but nevertheless it was good to be outdoors on January 1st! They brought a few friends and were dressed in color coordinated flannel shirts and jeans--casual was the way they wanted it and so it was! I wore black jeans although you can't really tell in the photos.


 Amy is on the left, Lynette on the right. They were so happy to have this public vow of their love for each other. I had sent them a proposed ceremony and let them make the changes they wanted which were very few. They told me they loved the ceremony and it touched their hearts so much.

Exchanging rings with a few chuckles getting them on!

I pronounced them lifemates joined in a lifetime covenant.

What a great couple. I could tell they really cared for each other and were well matched. After the ceremony, Lynette wrote me a sweet (and revealing) thank you note that explained why it was so important to her and Amy to have this ceremony on January 1st. Here is what she said: "We had originally planned to do this in the fall of next year but upon thinking about how short life is and being absolutely certain that God puts people in your life at the right time prompted us to move forward together now.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Sept. and am currently winding up my battle at this time with radiation and we could not think of a better way to start a whole new year than how we chose to today." She also wrote: "Just wanted to drop you a line and say THANKS so much for making today very special for us.  We had a very nice lunch at PF Chang and Elizabeth and Jen had a cake made and presented it to us at lunch.  The wait staff was superb and took pictures for us and everything.  Our day started with you and a very nice ceremony and although it seemed it was over in a flash it was very meaningful and well done.  Thanks again." 

Lynette and Amy, congratulations! You have taken a great step in your relationship and I am grateful to have been a part of your special day! I wish you all the best, now and forever!

No comments: