Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunday Morning Wedding for Denise and Adam at St. Mark's Chapel!

Denise and Adam came to see me in July to officiate their wedding at St. Mark's Chapel in downtown Raleigh on October 12, 2008. They wanted a traditional Christian ceremony with warmth and meaning for them. Together we created a beautiful ceremony that had everything they wanted. They hired Liz Newlin as their wedding director and Mike Smith, guitarist, provided the beautiful music. Jennifer and Malissa of Pure Expressions Photography covered the event photographically. When Marty and I arrived for the wedding, a large tent had been erected on the Mordecai Campus next to the chapel for their reception. I collected their marriage license and tucked it inside my ceremony book for the witnesses to sign later and Liz and I discussed the order of the processional. When all the guests had arrived and been seated, we began. Again, the bride and groom towered over me as they joined both hands facing each other in front of me. The ceremony began with a warm welcome to all their guests, an opening prayer and scripture reading. I spoke of the meaning of marriage and how they each were a gift to each other. They chose the vows in which I asked them a series of questions and they answered "I do." Then I called for the rings and followed with a ring blessing. Denise and Adam repeated their ring vows line by line after me and then I pronounced them husband and wife. We clossed with a sweet blessing and then I introduced the newlywed couple to their guests. The guests were invited to adjourn to the reception adjacent to the chapel while the wedding party reconvened for photos. Blessings to you, Denise and Adam!

1 comment:

sally said...

the wedding was beautiful as are the bride & groom!! had a blast dancing at the reception to the awesome music of Crush.....really enjoyed the food & wine, but mostly the great friends!
LOVE, SALLY