Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

McKayla and Omar's Beautiful Wedding!

McKayla and Omar's wedding was so pretty. All the flowers by Embellished Blooms and colors were gorgeous. Of course the setting in the courtyard of The Umstead Hotel and Spa is so elegant. The perfect place for a beautiful wedding. The date was August 30th, 2019 at 5:30 PM.
This sign greeted our guests along with bottles of cool water for a hot August day.
I post this photo to show you the shadow line. The courtyard is on the east side of the hotel and as the sun sets on the west side, the shadow grows so that by the time the ceremony starts, the ceremony area will be in the shade.
My sweet husband, Dave, was unable to come with me to take photos of this wedding so I brought along my daughter's sweetheart, Johnny Kusnic, who was happy to go with me and take pictures with my iPhone. He did a really good job too. Thanks, Johnny!
Triangle String Quartet was tuning up to play for the wedding. A superior set of musicians! 
This arbor is beautiful and the knock-out roses behind it are in full bloom. 
Close-ups of the florals.
Flowers on the chairs and rose petals flanked the aisle. 
The pretty fountain in the lake behind the courtyard is a stunning backdrop. 
As you can see the shadow line has made it up beyond the chairs on the front row. 
The professional photographers for this wedding were with Moving Mountains Studios. They did still and video. 
And now the guests are taking their seats and the ceremony area is completely in shade. 
Megan Gillikin with A Southern Soiree was our wedding director and cued me when to make my entrance.
I asked the guests to please put away their cameras and phones and truly be with our bride and groom in their hearts as they joined their lives in marriage.
Omar and our maid of honor and best man entered and joined me up front. 
Our sweet little flower girls! 
This is Mia, the little daughter of our bride and groom. She is so cute! 
Now the bride starts her walk down the aisle as Megan lifts her train to straighten it. (I officiated Megan's wedding to her hubby Jason back in 2015.) 
What a beautiful bride! Please notice that amazing bouquet which is all white orchids!
She handed her bouquet to the maid of honor who rearranged the train as the guests were being seated.
And so we began. The first segment was a welcome to all their friends and families. 
I stepped out to pay tribute to their parents and tell them how much McKayla and Omar appreciate their love and support.
Then I spoke to Mia telling her how important she was and how much her parents love her. 
Then some words on love and marriage.
I asked them each a series of questions to which they each replied "I do." 
The best man handed me the rings and McKayla and Omar joined left hands. 
Omar placed the ring on McKayla's finger as he said the words after me. 
Then McKayla did the same. 
A closing blessing followed but the pronouncement of marriage was next. 
I invited them to seal their vows with a kiss! 
Introducing the newlywed couple to their friends and families! 
Their guests stand as they walk out into their new life together! 
McKayla and Omar! What a gorgeous wedding! I am honored to be a part of your big day.  I wish you and Mia the best always!

No comments: