Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well , dear followers, I guess you are wondering why I have not blogged in over two weeks! One reason is that I have not done any weddings since Michael and Latercha's on January 16th. But, the main reason is because I elected to have left knee replacement surgery on January 26th . I have been needing this for a long time (killer pain going up and down stairs and inclines) and finally gave in to my orthopedist and said "let's just do it and get it over with!" So, I intentionally blocked out 6 weeks of no weddings during this slow wedding season to allow for my recuperation and getting fully functional again. I am happy to report that the surgery was very successful and now, almost 3 weeks later, I am walking with a cane and have nearly full range of motion of my knee. I must admit though, the process was much more painful than I had expected. My hat is off to every person who has gone through this! Next week I begin out patient physical therapy and I am looking forward to walking easier and easier, and especially going up and down stairs without pain!

My first scheduled post-surgery wedding is March 7th so I plan to be able to dance down the aisle if necessary! So, I will be back to blogging regularly after that.  In the meantime, I have been busy at home meeting with wedding couples planning their weddings later this year and some for 2011 with several booked already. It is not too early to plan 2011 weddings!

I wish you all a great Valentine's Day celebration tomorrow with your sweetheart!

No comments: