Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Johanna and Steve Wed at the Chateau Bellevie!


Marty and I arrived about 5:20 for this wedding on December 19th and this is what the chateau looked like at dusk. This lovely French Mansion looks like something straight out of the French countryside, doesn't it? Chateau Bellevie is the wonderful creation of the owner of Highgrove Estates which is right next door. What a fabulous B&B in Fuquay Varina. Be sure to check out their website for a tour of the elegant property.

I must say that this wedding was a first for me...the first time I have ever been late to a wedding in the 11 years I have been doing weddings. We were coming from Chapel Hill (where I retrieved my forgotten microphone) to Fuquay Varina and I was sure that I would have the time to traverse the miles but, alas, I did not plan on the Christmas shopping traffic along the way which slowed us down considerably. I called ahead and told Roxana, our director at the Chateau, of my ETA thanks to my GPS.

The guests (all 31) were all seated and waiting for me when I arrived. They were quite patient with me for which I am grateful. The grand player piano was tinkling sweet music. Steve handed me the marriage license  and we processed in to our places. Then it was time for our beautiful bride, Johanna, to make her entrance from the stairway. Steve walked toward her and they met in the middle and then walked together to me. The ceremony began.

 The lovely Christmas tree with its lights all aglow set the warm and loving tone for this Christmas-time wedding. Johanna's parents had traveled from New Hampshire and Steve's from Colorado for this sweet wedding.

I am making the pronouncement of marriage here. 

Our happy married couple!


After the ceremony, the couple and their parents and I went upstairs to the landing for wedding photos. Johanna and Steve, you are such a well-matched couple and I loved the laid-back manner you planned your lovely wedding. You are sure to have a wonderful lifetime together and I wish you all the best!


Here is a view of the ceremony where you can see the fireplace and all the little details of this parlor or drawing room off the front entrance on the main level.

This is one of two dining rooms on the main level. This is where the guests will have dinner following cocktails downstairs in the recreation area.

Shooting up to the second floor landing from the entrance.The landing is where all four bedrooms and baths converge to the stairway to the main level. The attention to detail in decor was amazing.

This touch of Christmas was on the intermediate landing where the steps turn to the left.

I show you this photo so you can see the beautiful painting of a centuries old bride as the backdrop. How fitting for wedding photos.  Carl Johnson was there to capture the wedding celebration in photographs. Good to see you again, Carl!

This gorgeous cake was by Ambrosia Cake Creations. Simply elegant! 

No comments: