Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, October 26, 2009

Brittney and Luke's Wedding at Page-Walker Art Center!

When Marty and I arrived for Brittney and Luke's wedding on Saturday afternoon October 24th, it was not raining but it was pretty windy. Then the dark clouds began to roll in and we knew we were in for a storm. The weatherman had forecast a big storm at 3:30 and the wedding was at 3:00 and supposed to be outside in the garden area. But, Brittney and Luke had wisely already made the decision to hold the ceremony inside the gallery. They had a large tent erected in the courtyard for the reception.

Here are Brittney and her stepdad waiting to enter. I think Brittney was a little nervous which is certainly not uncommon!

Page Walker Arts and History Center was built as a hotel in 1868 and is owned by the City of Cary. Veronica Bucki was on duty there the day of the wedding and it was fun to chat with her. In the elevator there was a poster advertising weddings and I noticed there was a photo of me with a couple. What a nice surprise! As you can see, the gallery area is light and bright and a great place for a wedding. I have done several in this room as well as attended concerts and art exhibits here. The groom and groomsmen and I entered from the courtyard doors and the bridesmaids and the bride came down the aisle.

Their best man, Adam, is the brother of Nicole, a bride I married last January at Bay 7, and he was in that wedding also. His parents were at this wedding and it was nice to see them again. Adam is getting married in three weeks at the newly opened Cotton Room and a friend of his and one of the groomsmen in this wedding is officiating for them. He got ordained on line and has never officiated a wedding before. He told me he was watching and paying very careful attention to how I did it! I gave him my business card and told him to call me if he needed any help or advice. I would love to be a fly on the wall of that wedding to see how he does.

Luke and Brittney wanted a simple uncomplicated ceremony and that is what we created together. We paid tribute to their parents and remembered those who could not be with us. They exchanged their vows and rings and I pronounced them husband and wife! Here they come back down the aisle married!

Because we could not go outside for photographs afterward, we went up onto the third floor of the museum. It is very spacious and bright. Luke and Brittney, congratulations and I wish you all the best!

Cheryl Wargo of Image Photography and Design was our photographer. I believe she is new to the Raleigh area but has been a photographer on the coast for a while.

Chef Al from Kroger in Apex was catering the wedding. Luke works at Kroger and knew Chef Al would do a great job for his wedding.

Jim Barbee of Streetwork Productions was our DJ for the ceremony and the reception. It was good to see and work with Jim again. Trish Vandersea was our wedding coordinator and director. She is with Streetwork also. Great job, Trish!





I did not find out who made this sweet little wedding cake but it is beautiful.

No comments: