Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bright and Sunny Wedding for Beth and David at Sisters' Garden!

When I refer to Beth and David's wedding as "bright and sunny" I am not referring to the weather although we had a beautiful day on Saturday July 11, 2009. It was slightly overcast which kept the temperature down in the 80s and good for photographs--no squinting or harsh shadows. What I mean is that they had a very YELLOW wedding! It was so pretty. I remember the last yellow wedding I had was June of last year in the Rose Garden. Beth carried the yellow theme out consistently in her flowers, the boutonnieres, the programs, the petals lining the aisle, and the embellishment on the wedding cake. It was lovely. Well, I wanted to fit into the yellow theme so I found a pretty scarf of yellow and white and made it into a prayer stole for the wedding.

Beth makes her grand entrance with her proud papa, Alan. They floated down the petal-lined aisle as their guests stood in awe! When they stopped in front of me, I asked him and Beth's mother, Doris, if they would give Beth into the care and keeping of David. Of course, they both answered "We do!"

As you can see, David had 5 groomsmen and a best man and Beth had 4 bridesmaids and a matron of honor. Several of the bridesmaids were soon-to-be mothers and the yellow empire waisted dresses were perfect for them.

David's mother, Meghan, arranged for a friend and colleague of hers, Stephanie Rodelander, to sing Ave Maria as the parents were ushered in. Stephanie was accompanied by another friend of Meghan's, Jolene Miedema, on the keyboard. Stephanie also sang a Stevie Wonder song, You and I, during the lighting of the Unity Candle. It turns out that David's father, Franklin, and I had met before somewhere in past careers but we never could quite nail down where.

(This photo is courtesy of Bill Loomis, husband of Lynn, who made the gorgeous wedding cake!)

David was so afraid his nose was going to run, he carried a handkerchief, just in case--before the kiss! I carry a hankie in my ceremony book also, just in case the bride and/or groom sheds tears, or their noses run! It didn't happen though. I heard a few sniffles from Beth but when I offered my hankie during one of the readings, she whispered "I'm good!"

When I make the pronouncement of marriage, I place my right hand over theirs. Here's the big moment!

And out they go into their new married life! I know it will be a great and fun adventure.

Beth and David, you seem to be very well matched and a mature couple for your ages! Many, many congratulations!


Vendors:

Sisters' Garden: Sisters' Garden is a lovely setting for a wedding. The backdrop of lush green really shows off the colors. I always enjoy doing weddings there and working with Marc Dabagian, the wedding director for Sisters' Garden, who is a delight to work with. His years of experience and fine organizational skills make sure the wedding ceremony flows smoothly. We seem to see eye-to-eye on how a wedding should go!

Lynn Loomis of Lynn's Traditions: A fabulous wedding cake baker! I love to see Lynn and her husband, Bill, at weddings. Her cakes are always spectacular. She and Bill attend the reception so she can cut the cake for the bride and groom. I would not know where to begin cutting those multi-level creations!

Mark Edwards, Photographer: I always enjoy weddings with Mark. He knows exactly what shots he wants and how to set them up and make them happen. He may even send me some photographs of this wedding I can post here later.

U-neek Flavur
: "The Best Party Band for All Occasions" is what their business card says. David told me that he and Beth went to a wedding where they played at the reception and knew they wanted them for their wedding. They are out of Charlotte. I did not get to hear their music because they were setting up inside during the ceremony and I left right after the photographs.

No comments: