Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, April 27, 2009

Janet and Paul Eloped to North Carolina!

Nancy contacted me about performing a wedding ceremony for her father, Paul, and his fiancee, Janet, in Raleigh on April 24th. They live in Pennsylvania. They are both widows and wanted to get married without a lot of fanfare so they "ran away" to get married! I was most happy to do the honors. We discussed different venues and they decided that my wedding garden was the right spot! They flew into Raleigh Friday morning, got their marriage license, and came to my place at 7:30 after I got home from the wedding in Fuquay-Varina. Sunset was at 7:56 that evening but we had a enough daylight to do the wedding and take some pictures. They brought with them Nancy and her husband and Paul's dear friend, Sonny, and his new wife. Sonny told me how he and Paul and their former wives had been a constant foursome back in Pennsylvania. Sonny had remarried a nurse here in Raleigh and moved South. He was so happy that Paul was remarrying too and they could be a foursome again--the challenge is, Janet and Paul live in Pennsylvania. Oh well, I am sure they will find a way to have lots of fun together. I was honored to be a part of their sweet wedding and I wish them all the best!!

No comments: