Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, August 5, 2019

Elizabeth and Miguel Elope to WRAL Azalea Garden!

Elizabeth and Miguel and their parents wanted a more special wedding than for them to just to go to the courthouse and get married in a standard ceremony by magistrate. Elizabeth found me on line and contacted me right away. By email and texts, we discussed location, date and time, and the ceremony she had in mind. She loves the WRAL Azalea Garden and although their wedding date of March 29th 2019 was a week or two before the azaleas bloomed, it is a beautiful setting for a small family wedding. I sent her a proposed wedding ceremony script based on what she told me she wanted and she and Miguel made their edits and we were all set. The wedding day could not have been more beautiful! 
Both sets of parents and siblings and friends gathered on a grassy spot near the parking lot. It was flanked by many tulips in full bloom. We decided to stand in front of a large flower bed for the ceremony so that the background of their wedding photos would be a natural setting. Elizabeth's father, Mike, walked her "down the aisle" to where Miguel and their mothers, Andrea and Macarena, stood with me.
I asked Mike who loved and supported Elizabeth as she came to join in marriage with Miguel. He answered that her mother and he did.
Elizabeth gave her dad a big hug then turned to join hands with Miguel in front of me. 
I welcomed everyone and thanked them for being there for Elizabeth and Miguel. Then we had a sweet and simple prayer followed by a blessing and honoring of their parents.
Miguel and Elizabeth met almost exactly 5 years ago in March of 2014. The attraction was instant and they found they had the same values and interests. They soon became inseparable.
There were a few words on love and marriage and I wish I could remember what got us laughing here! It must have been one of the children sitting on the blanket watching. They were so cute!
Then it was time for them to make their promises of marriage to each other. 
They both answered "I always will" to my questions and it was time for the rings. 
Miguel placed the ring on Elizabeth's finger as he recited the words after me line by line. 
Then Elizabeth did the same as she placed the ring on Miguel's finger. 
We closed with a blessing for the couple then it was time to pronounce them husband and wife.
I placed my hand on theirs and began.
Elizabeth and Miguel, by the love that has brought you here today, by the vows you have exchanged and by the integrity of your commitment in the presence of your loved ones and in the presence of God, it is my distinct pleasure to declare that you are now husband and wife.
Miguel, you may kiss the bride!! Then I quickly stepped out of the way. 
Miguel was most happy to do so!!
Elizabeth and Miguel! Congratulations on your love and marriage. I hope you are enjoying wedding bliss and have settled into a wonderful marriage! I wish you the best always!

No comments: