Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Samantha and Brent's Fabulous Wedding at Shady Wagon Farm!!

I met Samantha and Brent in July of 2018 to plan for their wedding on April 3rd, 2019 at Shady Wagon Farm--a rustic, comfortable, professionally operated, all-in-one wedding venue. They are such a fun couple and I knew I would have fun telling their story to all their guests.
The wedding day arrived and although it was not actively raining, rain was in the forecast and it had rained for several days beforehand so the ground was wet and soggy. So, the call was made to have the wedding in the terrace off the barn which is the reception site.
Samantha and Brent had brought photos of all their loved ones who were not present but had been important in shaping them into the people they are today.
They had fun photos everywhere depicting what a fun-loving couple they are. 
Daniel's Florist assembled this perfectly themed backdrop for the altar area with an old arched screen door with draping behind it, flanked by two wooden doors and all topped with gorgeous floral arrangements. Its was really beautiful!
Samantha and Brent included the Anniversary Box as their unity ceremony in the ceremony. 
Their unique "guest book" was a glass front shadowbox to be filled with hand signed corks of the guests! 
After the ceremony the guests would be invited into the foyer area of the barn for champagne and finger food while the terrace was being flipped.
A friend made this beautiful cake which I am sure was yummy! 
The barn is all ready for the reception!
Reverend Kathie McCutcheon was with me for the ceremony because I had lost my voice the week before due to laryngitis. She was there as my back-up just in case my voice gave out. We were both wearing mics.
The guests are arriving and taking their seats. 
While Kathie and I are going over the ceremony script in the background, Marcus, our DJ with Morse Entertainment, and Monica West, event manager and director at Shady Wagon Farm, are going over the musical cues for the processional. I love working with both these people. They are so professional and never miss a beat! Our other professional wedding vendors were Amy and Scott with Your Still Life Photography, Kissing Toad Productions (videography), and Funky Fresh Catering. Dream Team!
So, it was time to begin! I walked out first and made the "unplugged announcement" greeting the guests and asking them to put away their phones and cameras and be present in their hearts as Samantha and Brent joined their lives together in marriage.
I also told the guests that I had had laryngitis and that I had brought another minister with me to step in for me if my voice gave out. I am glad I explained that because when Kathie did have to step in, they knew what was happening.
The groomsmen and the bridesmaids processed in and then it was time for the bride to enter. 
Monica and her husband flung open the barn doors to reveal our beautiful bride and her sweet daddy, Paul! 
"Who supports and blesses Samantha as she comes to join in marriage to Brent?" Paul: "Her family and I do." Then the guests were seated as the bride and groom turned and faced each other.
Brent's eyes had gotten a little leaky as he watched Samantha walk toward him, so I blotted his tears!
Then a warm welcome to everyone thanking them for being there. This was followed by a prayer and remembrance of those loved ones no longer on this earth but with us in spirit.
A surprise for the parents was when I stepped out and spoke to them telling them how thankful Samantha and Brent were for having them in their lives and for all their support and unconditional love.
I loved telling their fun story! Brent's brother Sean (best man) and his wife Teresa who worked with Samantha had been trying to match them up for a while but they both resisted. Finally, on June 5th 2015 the opportunity came when they met each other at that really classy place in Fayetteville called Bubba’s. And just as Teresa and Sean thought, it was immediate attraction! Their personalities just meshed and they laughed a lot.  Samantha was intrigued by Brent’s piercing blue eyes, his blond hair and his chuckle. Brent was particularly impressed that Samantha ordered a 32-ounce beer. And not only that, she was hot! He was sold on the spot!
They soon became inseparable and went on many adventures together. At Christmas of 2017 Brent proposed and we all know what Samantha's answer was!
I am telling each of them what their partner had told me in confidence about what they love about each other, why they want to marry and what they are looking forward to in marriage. Sweet and funny stuff!
Just as I was speaking to Brent, my voice was beginning to crack. So I motioned for Kathie to step in and continue the ceremony as I rested my voice.
The transition flowed so smoothly and I had prepared Brent and Samantha of the situation and I thank them for being so kind and understanding. Kathie did a fantastic job. She has a nice voice and diction and is a great officiant herself.
The exchange of rings took place and then my voice was better so I stepped back in to hopefully finish the ceremony--and I did!
They put their love-letters into the Anniversary Box then we closed with a blessing. 
It was my great pleasure to pronounce them husband and wife and invite them to share their first married kiss!
Sealed with a kiss! 
Honored guests, it is with great pleasure that I present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs., Brent and Samantha Mullins! Please stand and join me in congratulating them! 
And down the aisle they came amidst cheering and applause! 
A surprise for the bride and groom was having a bagpipe player in full regalia play following the wedding ceremony. Robert White and I have done a few weddings together in the past 20 years!
Samantha and Brent! What a fantastic wedding! I loved every minute of working with you to create your ceremony and loved telling your story. I could tell the guests enjoyed themselves by their laughter! You are a great couple and I thank you for choosing me to join you in marriage! Bless you always!

No comments: