Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Karen and Frank Tie the Knot on New Year's Eve Morning at My House!

Karen contacted me on November 5th about officiating her wedding to Frank on New Year's Eve. She was not certain of the place but they finally  settled on the comfort of having it at their home and I reserved their date on my calendar. Then they went on vacation only to come home to find that a water pipe had broken requiring extensive renovation of their home which meant postponing the wedding. But, since she and Frank had been together 30 years, they wanted to marry in 2014 anyway and she told me they would probably go to the courthouse for the license and get married there.
Upon hearing this, I insisted that they get the license but instead come to my home in N. Raleigh with two witnesses and I would marry them in a much warmer setting with a much more meaningful ceremony. They jumped right on that and indeed, on New Year's Eve morning, Karen and Frank with his brother John and his wife Miriam who were in town visiting appeared at my house and we did it! So we gathered in my living room for the ceremony. 
Karen had found these adorable sexy high glittery wedges to go with her silvery fitted jeans and top which she certainly has the slim and lithe figure to wear. As a consequence though, although she is probably the same height as we are, she towered over me and John! I am glad Dave got a photo of these wonderful shoes! 
I took the ceremony that we had agreed on originally and cut it down to the bare basics. They plan to have another "wedding" with their friends later on in 2015 and then we will do the full-fledged ceremony.
 Talking about their rings.....
 Frank puts the ring on Karen's finger...... 
 Karen puts on Frank's ring...
 A few words of well wishes to conclude.....
 And now they are husband and wife!!
Kiss, kiss, kiss! One for each decade!
 Yes!! 
 Wow, 30 years is a long time to wait!
 John and Miriam were taking wedding photos too and we did the typical ring/hands pose!
Karen and Frank, congratulations! Your relationship stood the test of time BEFORE you married! I look forward to your "next" wedding with your friends later on. I am so happy this all worked out for you. Getting married is the icing on the cake!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To contact me:
 919-345-4608
Or leave a comment below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: