Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Wonderful Windy Wedding of Jamie and Charles at Gregory Vineyards!

I met Jamie and Charles on September 15, 2014 to plan their ceremony for their wedding on December 7th, 2014 at Gregory Vineyards in Angier--about 30 miles from Raleigh. Vineyards are quite the trend for wedding venues these days and I was happy to do my first wedding at this lovely vineyard.
This December day was seasonably quite chilly, the temperature hovering at 50 degrees with gusts of wind up to 30 mph. It is the chance you take when you plan a December wedding. The weather can go either way. I was dressed in several layers for this one. The vineyards were bare of leaves and fruit but beautiful nevertheless. Imagine all these vines covered with leaves and clusters of grapes. Wow.
The site for the ceremony was overlooking the lake. 
Marty and I arrived and put up my sound system which was definitely needed or my words would be "gone with the wind!" The guests gathered before the ceremony in the large building where the reception would take place. The band was set up and Backyard Bistro was cooking away on their grills outside. The guests were transported from the building to the ceremony site by tractors pulling trolley type wagons. It was fun to ride over and back!
Stunning vista!
There was a "hitch in the wardrobe" according to the mother of the bride and the wedding was delayed in starting about 20 minutes. Charles and his best man Steven and I are chatting while we wait for the bride and her sister, Emily to arrive.
The music for the processional and recessional was provided by the guitarist from The Magic Pipers Band that was playing for the reception.
Poor thing, he stood there until we were ready with his hands in his pockets keeping them warm so he could play!
Here comes the bride and her father, Malcolm. 
Down the aisle...
Malcolm presented his daughter then I invited everyone to sit down. 
A warm welcome and a prayer to begin.....
Then as I stepped out from behind the couple to pay a sweet tribute to their parents, I discovered that Malcolm, instead of taking his seat, stood up with the best man! I invited him to please be seated and he did. (There was no rehearsal.)
Jamie's sister, Emily, was her maid of honor and I know she was so cold without a wrap. 
But she was having fun as you can see. She is grinning in every photo! 
Telling their sweet and humorous story! This warmed everyone up! 
Steven was lucky to have a ponytail to keep his hair in place. Jamie's hair was frozen in place with hairspray and mine was getting blown every which way!
Even though my mic had a windscreen, the gusts of wind still could be heard through the mic. Here I am shielding the mic while revealing to Jamie and Charles what they told me in confidence they love about each other.
A little tear leaked out of Charles' eye so I had to mop it up. 
Jamie asked for a wipe too! 
Time for the vows.....(love my hairdo!) 
And now for the rings.......
A closing blessing....
Jamie was holding a wadded up tissue and here I am taking it away from her in exchange for the pretty hankie before the pronouncement.
Great kiss! 
That sweet "after-kiss" moment!
Here they are, folks! All married--husband and wife!
And away they go! Literally! While I was disconnecting my sound system, their photographer whisked them off across the lake for photos where I could not follow so I did not get my usual pose with the couple. Oh well! Jamie and Charles, I am so happy for you! Despite the weather, the wedding was super! Congratulations!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To contact me:
919-345-4608
Or leave a comment below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: