Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Erica and James Marry on a Beautiful Day in January!

(This wedding was on my blog earlier but when I looked for it, I could not find it! Somehow it got deleted. A mystery but I am so glad I discovered it--so I am re-posting it!)
Erica and James chose the sweet chapel on the Mordecai House campus--St. Mark's Chapel--for their intimate family wedding on January 8, 2012. I wrote a ceremony for them and they edited to their liking. We included tributes to their parents and James' twin brother and a children's blessing for James' daughter, Penny.
The wedding day was on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. It was overcast but unseasonably warm. Everyone was gathered waiting on the guests to arrive and taking pictures.
 Scott, Arioso Strings' latest addition, was playing lovely music as the guests were taking their seats.
A typical scene before a wedding: the bride going over the photos she wants with their photographer, Maranda with Forever Young Photography, and me going over the processional with Meredith, sister-in-law of the groom.
Because Erica and James were not doing the "can't see the bride before she walks down the aisle," we got a shot of me with them before the wedding instead of after.

This is James' family: his father, Al, mother, Dorothy, the bride and groom, Meredith, who is married to James' twin brother, Allen, and in front are James' daughter, Penny, and Allen's son, Brady. They are the same age and have practically grown up as close as siblings.
Erica and Penny have really bonded in the past year while James was away in the service. You can tell they love each other. I believe I heard someone say that Erica made both hers and Penny's dresses.
 
Erica is such a pretty woman and she has that glow of a bride just about to be married!
 
Following the ceremony we got a group shot of everyone before they headed over to J. Betski's for a wedding celebration dinner.

Erica and James, what a sweet wedding you had! It was perfect for you and I wish you all the best in the world!

No comments: