Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Veronica and Sterling Elope to Raleigh to Marry In Kayelily's Wedding Garden!

Veronica called me on Friday April 15th to see if I had time to marry her and Sterling the following day of April 16, 2011 while they were on a business trip to Raleigh from Fayetteville. I told her I could squeeze her in at 7 PM on Saturday or sometime Sunday afternoon. She chose Saturday and they had already gotten their marriage license. So, I got the details I needed, gave them directions to my home and wrote a lovely elopement ceremony for them.I recruited my roadie, Marty, and my good friend Jae to be present as witnesses and we were all set!
Earlier that day the weather was extremely adverse with tornadoes. Fortunately there was no damage to the wedding garden, only a few green leaves scattered on the patio.
They said their vows and exchanged rings.
Then they kissed and hugged. I could tell they were so happy to finally be married. Veronica told me that they had decided to elope and have a big celebration sometime later rather than spend a lot of money and time planning a formal wedding, especially since this was the second marriage for both. They wanted to know of a romantic place to celebrate over dinner so we sent them to Heron's at The Umstead Hotel and Spa.
Veronica and Sterling, congratulations! I wish you all the best life has to offer and we hope you had a very romantic dinner at Heron's!


No comments: