Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Dear Friends from Georgia Get Married in My Wedding Garden!

I have known Judy since the1980s when we both lived in Tennessee and were in the insurance business. We became good friends and have kept close through all these years. I was tickled to death when she met Carl on e-Harmony last year. They are a match made in heaven. In fact, she and Carl came to visit me and my husband, Dave, last January so we could check him out! We loved Carl and gave her the green light, so to speak. They decided to marry after Judy retired from teaching in Atlanta and set August 29, 2010 for their wedding date in my wedding garden. I was so thrilled to be officiating their wedding. What an honor and a privilege to marry them and especially in the same spot where Dave and I got married in 1999 before I transformed my backyard into a beautiful wedding garden where many couples have gotten married.
 
Judy and Carl entered from my deck through the same arbor that I put there in 1999 for Dave and I to walk through to get married. Now it is covered with Carolina jasmine and has a stone walk and patio. Judy is carrying a beautiful bouquet of starfire lilies that Carl got her on Saturday for the occasion. He is so thoughtful.
Judy and Carl wanted a wedding with Celtic elements because they both are of Celtic heritage. So, to begin the ceremony, I rang a little ceramic bell and said “Cead mile failte!” which means "One hundred thousand welcomes" in Gaelic. 
I found a wonderful scarf at my daughter's boutique to use for the handfasting cord. It just reminded me of Judy and her coloring and it was perfect! 
Carl puts the gorgeous ring he and Judy designed on her finger. 
They chose a beautiful ring with a Celtic design on it for Carl's band. 
It was a tight fit but Judy finally got it on with some help from Carl. It is not going to come off easily! And that is the point! 
The final blessing before the pronouncement of marriage. 
The ringing of the bell to conclude the ceremony! 
So happy to finally be married and to have found each other. Carl and Judy, I am thrilled beyond words for the two of you! You are perfect for each other and I know you will be happier than you have ever been in your lives and it's about time! I look forward to spending many happy times with you too!
(Special thanks to Dave, my husband, and Marty, my roadie, for serving as witnesses and especially to Marty for taking these great photos to commemorate the occasion.)

1 comment:

Raleigh Wedding Blog said...

I received this sweet note from one of my brides commenting on Judy and Carl's wedding:

Kayelily...What a lovely ceremony! I love seeing older couples like Jim and me getting married. Your wedding garden looks lovely and I can't wait to get there on Nov.7.
Your friends look like a really beautiful couple.

Trish