Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wonderful Wedding for Elizabeth and Daniel!

Wow! I am so behind on blogging! I officiated 5 weddings this past weekend. Memorial Day weekend is always a popular time for couples to marry. Did you know that May and October are the two most popular months of the year for weddings in NC? In addition I had rehearsals for these weddings and squeezed in consultations during the weekend including Monday with couples for their upcoming weddings. I also traded vehicles on Monday--something I had not planned to do. I had almost 200K miles on my car that had served me so well for the past 5 years but it was time to get a car with less miles on it. The perfect car for me was apparently just waiting for me to buy it and so, I did! That then required all the necessary things like getting the insurance transferred, setting up a car loan, and unloading my stuff from the old car to the new one--what a job! In the midst of doing that, my sister from California came to Raleigh unexpectedly to visit our mother who is in a nursing home here so I wanted to get together with her while she was in town. Now it is late Wednesday night and I am just now getting down to blogging! Blogging is very time consuming, especially sorting through all the photos that Marty takes with my camera for this blog.

Elizabeth and Dan's wedding was on Friday May 22nd at the Matthews House in Cary. This is a wonderful setting for a wedding and I have enjoyed going there and seeing all the latest developments on the site. Nina, the proprietor, has just added a full kitchen to the reception hall which makes it even better for weddings and other events there. We had the rehearsal on Thursday and Lauren (their friend serving as wedding director) and I ran everyone in the wedding party and parents through the logistics for the ceremony.

When Marty (my assistant) and I arrived on Friday to get the sound set up Ryan Pflumm of Island Sounds DJs was waiting for us. He plugged my trusty wireless microphone into his system and the sound was perfect! (see photo of Ryan and Nina on this post) The weather was so pleasant and comfortable. The guests started arriving and we were ready to begin the ceremony. The wedding went just as we rehearsed for which I am always grateful. Thank you, Lauren, for doing a great job directing! Note also that Dan had his good friend, Sheena, for his Best Woman in place of a Best Man! We honored their parents and Elizabeth and Daniel read the vows from my book that they had written to each other. They exchanged rings and I concluded the ceremony with the pronouncement followed by the kiss! The newlyweds recessed down the aisle and the guests were directed to go to the front lawn for a huge group photograph by Robin Lin who was up on the balcony. Then they went into the house for refreshments and the wedding party and I reassembled at the ceremony site for the posed photos.

Daniel told me he used to manage a Harris-Teeter store before he returned to graduate school and now works there only part time. He and Elizabeth got their wedding cupcakes and their flowers from Harris-Teeter and they were terrific. Daniel told me he knew all the right people to get this done for them!This was a great way to save on expenses and yet have all the trimmings.

Congratulations, Elizabeth and Dan! I know you are happy to be married to each other and now that the wedding is behind you, Dan can get back to a "normal" life!

No comments: