Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Melanie and Justin wed at La Rez!

When I arrived at La Rez for Justin and Melanie's wedding on February 28th, it was cold (48 degrees) and raining. But, we were dry and warm in the covered patio courtyard with the outdoor heaters. My husband, Dave, came with me and while I went over logistics with the wedding party, he set up my sound system which worked very well in allowing my voice to be heard over the sound of rain pattering on the fiberglass roof. I was so glad I had it.

It was a lovely wedding that all came together just fine despite the basketball traffic that caused some delay in the groom and groomsmen getting there. Justin was really spiffy in his spats! Melanie was a beautiful bride and beamed as she and her mother floated down the aisle hand in hand. Melanie handed off her bouquet to her mother who then stepped to my right to serve as her Matron of Honor. Justin's father served as his best man and his two brothers were groomsmen. Justin's mother was with us in spirit and a candle and photograph were placed in the chair she would have occupied as a memorial to her.

From my material Melanie and Justin put together a sweet and meaningful ceremony. Melanie's friend, McGee, read a poem. We also included the blessing of the hands ceremony. The couple read their vows to each other from my book where I printed them to face them, then they exchanged rings. I pronounced them husband and wife and they shared their first kiss as a married couple. I presented them to their guests amid applause and upbeat music and out they went! The guests went inside to enjoy cocktails while the staff rearranged the courtyard for the reception and we took photos. While I got the signatures of the witnesses on the marriage license, Dave packed up the sound system and we were on our way, leaving Melanie and Justin and their guests to celebrate!

No comments: