Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Gala Wedding Celebration for Alexandra and Joel at Caffe Luna!

Joel and Alex planned to be married by a good friend of theirs who was ordained on line for the occasion. But, they begin to have doubts as to the legality of this and the daunting process of figuring out how to put together a wedding ceremony and contacted me in September. I happily agreed to officiate for them and proposed that their friend Ben and I co-officiate their wedding. I supplied them with all my ceremony material and told them to put together the wedding ceremony they wanted. When that was done, Ben and I then divvied up the sections between us so that we alternated speaking during their wedding ceremony. Alex and Joel are such a delightful couple and so laid back. They are full of fun and laughter and I knew this wedding would be lots of fun. Caffe Luna was the perfect setting for their formal yet casual wedding festivities. Alex surprised Joel by having Ben read a funny poem she specifically chose for the wedding ceremony: "Your Personal Penguin" by Sandra Boynton. Ben even animated the reading by flapping his elbows like little penguin wings and Alex, the guests and I were roaring with laughter! After their vows they poured their sand together and I pronounced them married. After their spectacular kiss, Ben blessed them with the Irish Blessing which had been modified to fit: "May the meows of cats grace the halls of your home...." another source of laughter at their finale! I presented the newlyweds to their guests and it was time for photographs and celebration. After the ceremony Ben told me how much fun he had doing this wedding and thought it would be fun to do some more! Zack Stamey was their photographer. A friend of theirs, Jackie Hill, coordinated the processional with me and the pianist, Panos Messis. Their cake by Dee Dee Cousins was quite unique, fitting for Alex and Joel. I know theirs will be a fun marriage filled with humor and good times! I wish you the very best, Alex and Joel!

No comments: