Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pam and Richard get married again!






Pam emailed me about a week ago to see if I could do the wedding for her and Richard this weekend. She told me that they were married many years ago but later divorced. However, she and Richard had remained close through the years raising their daughter, Kate, who was born with cerebral palsy with spastic quadriparesis. Kate, now 24, has recently graduated with her MSW and it was her heart's desire for her parents to re-marry. So, they jumped at the chance to get married in my wedding garden today which was accessible to Kate's wheelchair. They also brought Pam's mother, Grace, age 81, to be the second witness to sign the license. I asked Grace after the wedding if she had ever thought she would be Mother of the Bride twice to her daughter marrying the same man! We had a good laugh. We had a sweet ceremony based on what Pam and Richard told me they wanted and Kate and I took lots of photos afterwards. Kate, you are so amazing and I am grateful for the opportunity to meet you. Pam and Richard, thanks for your love and devotion to Kate and for each other! Have a great new marriage and I'll see you in a few years for a renewal of vows ceremony. Kate, I would love to officiate your wedding some day!

No comments: