Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bobbie Sue and Brandon, Finally Married After 13 Years!

Bobbie Sue and Brandon have an amazing love story. They met in 1997 when she transferred into his freshman class in high school in Virginia. He was smitten with her and she with him but it took them a long time to realize this (teenagers!) but by the time they were Juniors and Seniors, they were a committed couple. After graduation in 2000, Bobbie Sue went to college out of state and Brandon felt he was holding her back. Although he still loved her dearly, he broke up with her. They lost touch for many years during which Brandon married and joined the military. It was not until his wife died unexpectedly a few years later that they reconnected briefly. They both were in love with each other but Bobbie Sue felt Brandon needed time to heal and did not divulge her feelings for him. She agreed to contact him again in one year. When Bobbie Sue contacted him on Facebook, she found out that Brandon had become involved with someone else and was not available. However, the other relationship did not last and once again Brandon found Bobbie Sue. Finally she revealed her feelings for him after all these years which had kept her from marrying anyone else. They both told me they thought they were crazy to still be holding on to these feelings all these years later. It is obvious that they were meant for each other and destined to be together. Ten years from their break up in 2000, they are finally together again and Brandon is not going to let Bobbie Sue get away again! It was my pleasure to join these two in marriage, finally and forever!
On Saturday January 15, 2011, Marty and I arrived at the Wyndham Hotel in Durham for the wedding. The dining area had been beautifully transformed into the reception area complete with dance floor and DJ.
This very charming wedding cake was provided by Blue Moon Bakery. What pretty colors!
Kelsey Bennett, our harpist, was set up and ready to start. She told me that she used to live in an apartment above Bobbie Sue and Bobbie Sue would hear her practicing the harp. She was thrilled to be playing for her wedding. Our photographer for the wedding was Mario of Mario Watts Photography.
There was a delay in starting the ceremony but it was not the bride's fault! The hairstylist that was supposed to do the girls' hair had emergency gall bladder surgery the night before and the replacement stylist was late arriving to do their hair. We ended up starting 40 minutes late.  Thankfully I did not have another wedding scheduled after this one! Above the groom, best man, two groomsmen, and parents of the groom and I are hanging out in the hallway as the guests enjoyed Kelsey's music. After 30 minutes, I had Kelsey take a break and rest her hands. She was beginning to lose the feeling in her fingers!Her husband, Tim, primarily the "harp transporter," was standing by to warm up her hands.
I am conferring here with Kathleen, a friend of Bobbie Sue and their wedding director, about the delay. Kathleen handled it so very professionally. Thanks, Kathleen!
Finally we are ready to begin. The guys and I went in after the parents were seated. Then the bridesmaids processed in.
Our Father of the Bride had a rough time but was a real champ, having broken his ankle the day before the wedding and missing the rehearsal. After elevating and icing his ankle before the wedding, he put on a smile and escorted his wife Arlene in and then came back for Bobbie Sue. He hardly limped at all but I know he was in pain.He was to have a cast put on the following day.
Well now they are married! Brandon and Bobbie Sue were just beaming and somewhat in disbelief that this was really finally happening. Their dream was becoming a reality. Wow, it was something to behold!
 Bobbie Sue and Brandon, I am so happy that you got back together.I wish you a lifetime of happiness!

No comments: