Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Friday, June 8, 2018

Betty and Jerry Tie the Knot at Croasdaile Country Club!

Betty and Jerry's wedding was a really special one for me. Jerry and I worked together in the wedding business for many years. He was a wedding photographer, but now retired. I had not seen him in about 5 years when he emailed me asking if I would officiate his wedding to his sweetheart, Betty. I was delighted he had found a sweetheart and was thrilled that I was available for their wedding May 18th, 2018. The wedding was at the lovely Croasdaile Country Club in Durham. We arranged a meeting and I met Betty for the first time and found her to be delightful. I definitely "approved" of this match! So we got to work on a personalized custom ceremony for them.
So Dave and I arrived for the wedding after a rehearsal in New Hill that afternoon with rain breathing down our necks! Most of the guests had arrived and were socializing in the lobby and ballroom. I found my two witnesses and got their signatures on the license ahead of time. That is Delores, Betty's maid of honor signing.
Jerry looked so handsome in his white jacket and spats! 
Betty was busy greeting her out of town guests who had come for this wonderful occasion! 
See Jerry's spats? That is his brother Clifton on the right who served as his best man. Their father Emmett was there too as well as Jerry's daughter and grandson and Betty's stepmother, stepdaughters and granddaughter.
We grabbed a quick photo of the three of us before the ceremony in case we couldn't manage it after the ceremony. Betty looked so pretty. She had to shop around quite a bit to find a wedding "costume" that would also be comfortable and flowing on the dance floor. She and Jerry literally met on the dance floor. They are both avid shag dancers and there was going to be a lot of dancing after the ceremony.
The guests have taken their seats and are ready for the show to begin! 
Clifton and I entered together followed by Delores.
I invited our guests to stand in honor of the bride and groom as they entered together.
And so we began with a welcome to all. Then we had a sweet prayer and remembered those no longer with us.
Next was a Family Blessing where they acknowledged all their family members there by name.
We thanked Clifton for standing up for Jerry and for being such a good brother all these years then thanked Delores from being here to stand up with Betty.
I quoted some verses from the Bible then I moved into the Wedding Address where I summarized the story of how they met. Then they got to hear for the first time what the other had told me in confidence they love about each other and what they are looking forward to in marriage.
They made their promises of marriage to each other then I invited them to exchange their rings.
Jerry places the ring on Betty's finger as he said "With this ring, I thee wed." 
Betty said the same as she encircled Jerry's finger with the ring. 
After a closing prayer, I pronounced them husband and wife and invited them to share their first kiss as a married couple.
As many times as Jerry has taken photos of kisses, this time he got to kiss the bride! 
And away they go!!
Jim Shaw was our photographer and he kindly arranged to have Dave get this photo of the three of us. Betty and Jerry, I am so happy you found each other to spend the rest of your lives together. You are a really good match and I know you are going to be dancing together forever!

No comments: