Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Friday, March 30, 2018

Sharon and Stewart Wed in Kayelily's Garden!

Sharon and Stewart were joined in marriage in my wedding garden on Monday March 26th, 2018. They found me when the minister they had previously contacted became unable to officiate for them. I am so thrilled that they found me and that everything flowed smoothly for their wedding and the weather even cooperated! I met with them a few days prior to the wedding and found them a delightful couple who were so happy to have found each other. They asked me to furnish two witnesses for them so my husband Dave and my friend Debra were most happy to be with us. We also had Matt Land with us. He videoed and photographed the wedding and the video here and all the photos are Matt's. I thank him for giving permission to use them here. He is a multi-talented young man and his website is HERE



The gate that leads to my garden. 
The camellias were in full bloom.
Before the wedding Sharon brought florals to decorate the arbor with. Here she and Debra are putting on the finishing touches.
So pretty and purple! I have cafe lights on the arbor for night weddings but they look like ornaments here!
While Sharon went in the house to get into her wedding dress, Stewart and Matt took some pictures in the garden. 
The English Garden furnished Stewart's boutonniere and Sharon's bouquet. Sharon told me she saw another wedding on my blog where the English Garden did the flowers and she liked them so much decided to have them do hers. 
Stewart patiently waiting outside the family room. The weather was just perfect! 
Meanwhile Debra was helping Sharon touch up her hair. 
Sharon is now down in the garden and ready for the wedding! 
And so we gathered for the ceremony. Sharon and Stewart told me that they were so happy to have found each other--it was miraculous and unexpected.
They are so compatible that it wasn't long before Sharon moved from Tennessee to Raleigh to be with Stewart. They love making a comfortable home together and lots of traveling.
They placed their rings on each other's finger. 
I placed my hand on theirs and declared them husband and wife. 
They share their first kiss as a married couple! 
Our newlyweds! 
Look at those very happy faces! 
The keepsake certificate of marriage that I gave them.
They brought champagne and flutes to toast to their new marriage so we all went upstairs to celebrate!
Sharon is holding Matt's champagne while he snaps a photo of us in my kitchen!
Sharon and Stewart, congratulations! I'll never forget your wedding. Thank you for giving me the honor of joining you in matrimony. I wish you all the best and I think we'll be getting together for dinner sometimes soon!


No comments: