Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Debbie and Banzai Happily Join Their Hearts in Marriage Again!

Back in August of 2001 I married Debbie and Banzai at St. Marks Chapel. 16 years later, on November 2, 2017,  I got a note on Facebook Messenger from Banzai about doing a ceremony for them at the beach. I assumed that it was a renewal of vows ceremony. I informed him that I do not travel as far as the coast to perform ceremonies. So they changed their plans and decided to have their ceremony in my garden instead on November 18, 2017. Banzai also told me that this would be a "new marriage" ceremony, not a renewal of vows. They had divorced in 2008 and then reunited in 2010 but had not remarried. And now they wanted me to join them in marriage again! I was so thrilled to do this! We got together on November 10th and planned their new ceremony. It was so good to see them again! 
The venue changed from my garden to their home in Raleigh and when I arrived for their wedding I was greeted by Debbie's daughters, Lauren and Kayla, now 16 years older and all grown up.
We did the ceremony in their backyard on the patio. Our guests were Kayla's husband and Lauren and their friends. I thank one of them for taking these photos for me with my cell phone.
I had adapted their original ceremony for this new one using quite a few of the same words. Their original ceremony was quite beautiful. They each wrote words for each other that they did not share until the ceremony, just as they had done in 2001.
 A panoramic view! 
 Banzai reads his words from my book to Debbie.
 Then Debbie reads hers from my book to Banzai.
 They exchanged their vows and then their rings.
 Banzai gets his ring!
 In their first ceremony they did the blessing of the hands and so we did them again this time. 
 They took turns each holding each other's hands skyward to see the blessing they were to each other.
 After a closing blessing I pronounced them husband and wife, again! 
 They never really stopped loving each other. I was so happy to be part of this happy day!
 Look!
 Debbie's teacup yorkies joined us for a photo opportunity! 
Banzai and Debbie! Congratulations! I am so happy that you are together again and so thrilled that you gave me the honor to join you in marriage again. I'll never forget you!

No comments: