Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Chelsie and Andrew Elope to Kayelily's Garden!

Actually, Chelsea and Andrew are having a big wedding in Ireland on May 25th but wanted to marry legally here surrounded by their families and close friends. And avoid the legal process of getting married in another country. They chose to come to my garden rather than to the courthouse to get married on May 12th, 2017 and I am so happy they did!
Chelsie was worried to death about the weather and rightly so. Storms were predicted the day of the wedding. But we were so lucky that the weather cooperated for their wedding and not a drop fell on us.
I told them I wanted them to hold hands during the ceremony--after all, they were getting married! 
I had written a short but very sweet ceremony for them based on what they told me they wanted. I suggested they include a Celtic handfasting ceremony since they were getting married in Ireland. She loved the idea and planned to use it in her ceremony in Ireland.
View from my upper deck.
After welcoming everyone followed by a short prayer and blessings for the parents, it is time for their vows. 
I wrapped the pretty lace handfasting sash that Andrew's mother had made around their clasped hands. Then I asked them to join their right hands which created the infinity symbol.
Making their vows......
Saying "I do."
Andrew puts the ring on Chelsea's finger which symbolically replaces the handfasting sash. 
Then Chelsea placed the ring on Andrew's finger while saying the words after me. 
I pronounce you husband and wife!!
A kiss to seal the union! 
Chelsie and Andrew, congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for your ceremony in Ireland in just a few days as I write this post!

No comments: