Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Allison and Steve Tie the Knot at Brier Creek Country Club in Grand Style!

Steve called me last March. I was in Cape Cod at a restaurant in the middle of a gathering of my husband Dave's family. Of course I carry my cell phone everywhere. I excused myself and checked my availability for August 22nd, 2015 and happily reported to Steve that I was available and would love to officiate his and Allison's wedding. And so we set up a date to meet when I got back home and started on their fabulous ceremony filling it with laughter and tears of joy!
When Dave and I arrived at Brier Creek Country Club's Jasmine Courtyard, the staff of The English Garden were busy putting up the hanging vases of flowers at the altar area.
 Here comes Elise who is with Brier Creek and is serving as our wedding director-coordinator. 
 Upstairs in the ballroom where the reception will be......
 Lovely wedding cake by Five County Cakes! (Unfortunately they don't have a website or Facebook page to link to.)
 The color scheme is navy and hot pink! 
Randy Bennett is one of my favorite DJs. He is with Bunn DJ Company and I love working with him. We have just done a sound check.
 Love the hanging vases of flowers.  So simple and so pretty! That is all you need at this pretty place.  
 It is time for us to take our places and be ready to walk in when Elise cues us. 
 The guests have arrived and are waiting for the ceremony to begin.  
 After the seating of the parents, Steve and his groomsmen and I march in from the side. 
 Steve is beaming as his daughters process in. Me, I am checking my microphone!
 Steve's youngest caughter, Jenna, is our Jr. Bridesmaid and first one in. 
 Then Devin processes in. My my, look at those hot pink platform heels! 
 Then Katie......
 And Kate!
Finally our matron of honor, Shelly, who also happens to be the Events Manager at Brier Creek. This time instead of directing, she gets to be part of the wedding of her dear friends Allison and Steve!
It is time for the bride and I invited the guests to stand in her honor. The guy in the white shirt on the right graced us with rather weird sound effects during the ceremony!
 And so Allison is flanked by her father, Allen, right, and her stepfather, Buck, on the left. 
They bring her down the aisle to Steve where I asked them "Who has the privilege of presenting this woman, Allison, to be joined in marriage to this man, Steve?" Together they said "Her family and we do." 
 Allison's dad placed her hand in Steve's hand. 
 Welcome everyone! Then a sweet opening prayer.
 A tribute to their parents bringing tears to their eyes.
Then I invited Jenna and Devin forward to receive a blessing from Steve and Allison. 
Now it is time to tell the story of how Steve and Allison met and fell in love. 
It is a great story filled with lots of humor and funny adventures. 
Then I shared what they love about each other, why they want to marry and what they are looking forward to. 
Steve reads his vows to Allison from my book. 
Allison does the same then it is time to exchange rings. 
A closing blessing for the couple. 
Looks like Shelly is basking in the moment as I placed my hand on theirs to make the pronouncement. 
The pronouncement of marriage! 
Steve gets a good kiss in despite Allison's giggles! 
The newlyweds! 
As they step into their future! 
And off they go happily ever after! 
Shelly and Chris (Steve's brother and best man) exit. 
Kate and Jimmy.....
Katie and Patrick......
Then Jenna and Devin.......
Allison's mom, Tessa, and stepfather, Buck........while our wedding photographer, Richard Barlow, snapped their photo. 
Father of the bride and his son Ryan exit........
Steve's parents Annina and Donnie exit......
After the guests cleared the ceremony area we took some pictures. Allison and Steve, it was a great wedding and from what I read on Facebook, the reception was a wonderful celebration! I loved working with you and I know you are so happy to be married! I wish you all the best!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To contact Kayelily:
 919-345-4608
Or leave a comment below!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: