Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vickie and Doug's Private Wedding in Kayelily's Wedding Garden.

Vickie contacted me in August with plans to marry her and Doug on September 12th, but those plans did not work out and the wedding was put on hold indefinitely, or so I thought. I was surprised to get a call from her on Friday September 25th requesting me to perform their wedding this weekend. I was free on Saturday the 26th at 12:30 so that was the time we set for them to get married in my wedding garden.

They brought close friends with them and Vickie's son Trevor and their daughter together, Nikki. That is Trevor on the right serving as Best Man. Nikki is behind her mom to my right.


They wanted to do the Family Unity Sand ceremony so I provided them with the necessary containers, sand and table.

Vickie and Doug poured their sand in together first then their kids poured in their sand. This is such a meaningful hands-on ceremony for children and they actually get to do something during the wedding.

Doug and Vickie were so happy to get married--finally. Doesn't Vickie look beautiful in her gorgeous gown? She wanted to keep it from getting dirty with the hopes that someday Nikki could wear it in her wedding.

Here's Miss Nikki. She was our flower girl today and has been the flower girl in several weddings in the past so she knew just what to do! It was a sweet wedding. Vickie and Doug, I wish you all the happiness in the world!

No comments: