Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, August 10, 2009

Jeannie and Aaron Tie the Knot in Kayelily's Wedding Garden!

Jeannie and Aaron planned their wedding for August 8, 2009 and originally were going to have a larger ceremony and reception at Margaux's restaurant in North Raleigh. Later on, they decided to streamline their guest list and asked if they could have their ceremony in my wedding garden. I was pleased to be able to provide this site for them. Two weeks before, I had just had a new patio installed in my garden since the trees had grown so much and the shade prevented grass from growing underfoot. It sure makes it nice for weddings. No more high heels sinking into the dirt and no more mud if it has rained.

So, on the wedding day Jeannie arrived with her friends and they helped her slip into her wedding gown and await the arrival of their 14 guests. (I limit the number of guests for weddings in my garden to between 15 and 20.)

Aaron and Jeannie had put together the ceremony they wanted from my ceremony material and chose to include the Celtic tradition of handfasting. Here you can see the cord looped around their left hands. I read somewhere that the more loops around their hands, the stronger the bond of their love. So, I looped the maximum! With their right hands joined, the symbol of infinity is formed "blessing their marriage in the eternal ebb and flow of the universe."

They made their vows to each other while their hands were joined. Then I removed the cord which was symbolically replaced by their rings.

The happy couple, now married! They adjourned to Margaux's where they had the private room for their reception. Congratulations, Jeannie and Aaron!

No comments: