Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Pavilions at Angus Barn--a beautiful new wedding venue in Raleigh!

I first heard that the owners of The Angus Barn were developing a new site for weddings in Raleigh about a year ago called The Pavilions. I have not done any weddings there yet will be doing one there in October 2010 and hopefully more between now and then.

So, I stopped by and took a look for myself last week. I had no idea the expanse of land behind The Angus Barn was so vast and that there is a beautiful natural lake tucked back in there. It is a gorgeous site and very private. A fact sheet about the property says that it is a $1 million development. It will hold 600 guests in the 11,000 square-foot shelter and will seat 350 people. Adjacent is a 3,600 square-foot patio which can be enclosed with a tent to accommodate additional people. The lakeside terrace is 4,500 square feet and the lake is 5 acres. The massive wooden trusses in the pavilion are from a Civil War era ammunition dump in Georgia and the 14 foot high fireplace was built with cobblestones from downtown Raleigh's Fayetteville Street. A 100 year old English church pulpit serves as a podium.

The day I stopped by there were some workers there and they told me to wander around as I pleased. I went back to my car (I was glad to see they have a huge parking lot so parking will not be a problem) and got my camera and started snapping photos. My photos here don't do it justice though so go to their website and you can see the property much better.

In the large open pavilion there is a huge ceiling fan with blades about 10 feet long which will keep the pavilion filled with a cool breeze off the lake during the summer months. Walking from the pavilion to the lake, I saw a large fire pit area with many Adirondack chairs around it. There are lots of grassy areas that are well tended. The whole area is well landscaped. At the edge of the lake is the large terrace right up to the water with an ironwork arch that can be bedecked with flowers. With the lovely arch and the lake as the backdrop, I know that weddings there are just spectacular and you know the food will be superb!

There is a driveway up to the lakefront area so the bride can be hidden inside a limo until she is ready to process in. I can picture a horse and buggy pulled up there too! What a beautiful site! It looks like it is way out in the country but believe me, you won't be roughing it here! I am really looking forward to doing weddings there!

1 comment:

www.angelacappetta.com said...

Just lovely. Thank you so much.