Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wedding Consultant Class

Tamera Davis of Cherished Moments invited me to speak to her wedding consultant class tonight. It was my second time speaking to one of her classes and I was honored to be asked. The class was learning about Wedding Officiants tonight. The current class has 17 students and is offered through Wake Tech. The classes are held at Sanderson High School which is very close to my home. After meeting with a couple this evening, I dashed over to the class. Marty went with me and clicked these photos for the blog.

After Tamera introduced me, I spoke in general about the services I offer couples and how wonderful it is to have a wedding planner on the wedding vendor team, then asked for questions. These students had plenty of questions. One of them was what is the difference between "minister" and "officiant." I was happy to explain and to also cover the term "celebrant." They wanted to know what the requirements were for a minister to qualify to officiate weddings in NC and if I had ever done any weddings outside NC, which I have. I did two weddings in Massachusetts for some dear relatives and had to get permission from the Commonwealth of MA to be guest clergy.

After 30 minutes, it was time to end the class although I think these future wedding planners could have thought of even more questions to ask. It was a great experience and I thank Tamera for including me in the class. Let's do it again! (That is Tamera and me on the left.)

No comments: