Sealed with a kiss!

Sealed with a kiss!
Laura & Chris' Wedding at JCRaulston Arboretum

Monday, May 26, 2008

Ted and Emily's Wedding at Fearrington on May 25th










It is hard to find a wedding setting more beautiful than the gardens of Fearrington House Country Inn and a wedding director more experienced and on the ball than Gilda McDaniels, Special Events Manager! I always enjoy the weddings I officiate there.



Emily and Ted's wedding in the Crabtree Courtyard flowed smoothly amidst the sweet fragrance of the flowers surrounding us. Even Fei Fei, their very young flowergirl, Emily's niece, amazingly made it down the aisle all by herself. See photo of Gilda cueing her to start walking down the aisle! Fei Fei is the daughter of Emily's brother (best man) and Li-Ling (maid of honor). Shortly after the wedding ceremony started I saw her scurry over to join her Grandmother Jane on the first row. Emily's father was a bit nervous as he "handed her over" to Ted so fast I did not have time to ask him THE question until he was already seated!
It is not often that the groom writes the wedding ceremony but Ted is the exception. He practically wrote the whole ceremony using my material and adding in his own, with Emily's approval, of course. The vows he wrote with touches of sweet humor were so fitting for them. I could tell that the guests thoroughly enjoyed the ceremony. The music was provided by a string trio arranged by Corda Entertainment. They were spectacular. After the ceremony all the guests adjourned to The Garden Terrace for lunch.
Lynn Loomis of Lynn's Traditions provided the beautiful wedding cake. You can see it in the photo taken before the flowers were added. It was great to see Lynn and her husband, Bill, again.






A couple I married a few years ago, Ann Marie and Sean, who referred Emily and Ted to me, came up to say hello after the ceremony as I was packing up my sound system! I loved seeing them again! I remember their ceremony in May 2004 so clearly and since then have performed baby blessing ceremonies for their two daughters. Thanks, Ann Marie and Sean!

No comments: